Last week, we welcomed the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank to the Wednesday market, where they shared information on the SNAP program, as well as lots of healthy (and yummy-looking) recipes.
We had a full lineup of special tents on Saturday and enjoyed music by Texas Ted & Jenna Vendetta, yoga sessions with TriYoga of Indiana, handmade accessories by Zepchild Barefoot Sandals, and a fun nature-themed trivia game by the Children's Advisory Council of Indiana County. Be sure to check out their Family Nature Palooza event coming up in August.
On Saturday, we also welcomed back Sleepy Hollow Orchard and enjoyed the first round of fresh, locally-grown apples.
This week, it is all about you - our loyal customers! We hope you will join us for our regular Wednesday market and again Saturday for the 2016 Customer Appreciation Day event. Below is the current lineup for the festivities:
- Chef demonstrations by Josh Truitt of Coventry Inn - just a couple of his planned dishes include shredded zucchini salad and kale pesto with ground pork from Mahoning Creek Farm
- Artisan Tyler Gaston - Hand-crafted wooden goods for the home
- Kids' books and games with the Indiana Free Library
- Music by Dan Stonerook - Unique blend of classic rock, folk, and blues
- Sauerkraut workshops with Kendra Fairman
- Market giveaways, drawings, and more!
Sauerkraut demonstrations will be ongoing through the morning, with 15-minute workshops scheduled for 10:00 and 11:00. If you wish to participate in the workshop, please bring a head of cabbage (available from several market farmers) and a quart jar. You may also purchase a jar at the booth for $1. Go home with a jar of your own ready-to-ferment sauerkraut!
Stop by the market booth and test your luck in a FREE drawing for market goodies! The more you shop, the more entries you can earn!
Be sure to follow our Facebook event for more Customer Appreciation Day updates!
The Indiana Free Library offers programs for children of all ages throughout the year, providing a fun environment to teach early literacy skills through books, songs, hand rhymes, and crafts.
See you at the market!