We welcome Laughlin's Garden, the Spades, and Wilds Market this season and are happy to have Nature Works Farm join us as a full-time vendor this year!
Look for a variety of fresh, local items, including asparagus, rhubarb, peas, greens like lettuce and kale, root veggies such as radishes and beets, strawberries, and herbs. Round out your shopping trip with baked goods, honey, eggs, and locally-raised meats!
We kick off our season of featured products with our veggie of the week: Swiss Chard
- Swiss chard is in the same plant family as beets and spinach
- Just one cup provides 3 times your daily allowance of vitamin K, which protects your heart, builds bones, and optimizes insulin levels (mercola.com)
- Swiss Chard was discovered and named in Switzerland but actually originated in Sicily (fullcircle.com)
Try some in our Recipe of the Week - Eggs in a Nest
Wondering when your favorites will be in season? You can find a chart of popular PA vegetables here.
We also have lots of fun scheduled in our special tents this week:
- Musician: Dan Stonerook - Dan is a solo acoustic musician who describes his style as "bearded, acoustic, bluesy, storytellin' music." He performs a mix of cover songs and original materials. Dan's album, Ghosts From the Past, was released in January.
- Artisan: Chere Winnek-Shawer - jewelry
- Kids: Yoga with Ed Stancombe of Sunflower Yoga - there are many physical benefits of yoga for children, including improved self-esteem, concentration, and physical fitness. Adults are welcome, too!
- Community: Council for Educational Travel (CETUSA) - a not-for-profit international student exchange organization coordinating exchange experiences for high school students in Indiana County, with a mission "to encourage a lifelong journey of global peace and understanding."
Please remember that while we at the Farmers' Market are very fond of pets of all kinds, due to PA Department of Agriculture regulations, no pets are permitted at the market. If you do bring a pet, please tie them up outside the market area.
Bring the whole family for a morning of fresh, local foods, community, and fun!
See you at the market!