Last week, we braved the winds and enjoyed the musical stylings of Al Craigie. Our Wednesday market also opened for the season on Wayne Avenue, across from the KCAC.
This week, there is a huge lineup of special booths to check out:
- Tinkergarten - nature play - plant seeds and explore nature treasures
- SQUAD Jr. - process art project - sticky nature collage
- IUP Lively Arts
- Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug and Alcohol Commission
- Market info booth - lettuce samples and recipes
- Cooking demonstration by Philly Street Station - low-carb lettuce wraps
- Live music by Dan Stonerook
Throughout the season, we will feature different produce items at the market. This week, we highlight lettuce of all kinds! Taste a sample, and earn a market buck to use toward the purchase of lettuce at the market. Kids can pick up their samples at the market information booth, and adults can sample at the cooking demonstration throughout the morning. Lettuce market bucks are good for this Saturday's market ONLY. This program is funded through the Department of Agriculture's Specialty Crop Block Grant program.
SAVE THE DATEPollinator Day is June 22!
Join us in celebrating and learning more about our pollinator friends. The schedule includes live music, Indiana PA Honey Bee, and kids' activities from the Indiana Community Garden.