Rules and Regulations for Governing the Operation of
Indiana County Farmers’ Market
1. The market shall be known as the INDIANA COUNTY FARMERS’ MARKET.
2. The Indiana County Farmers’ Market is a Producer Only market.
3. The market will be open the first Saturday in June through the last Saturday in October and the first Wednesday in June to the first Wednesday in October.
4. Vendors are permitted to begin set up 1 hour prior to market start up and must clear the market area 1 hour after closing. Market starts at the sound of a bell. Vendor to vendor sales are permitted anytime.
5. All persons selling at the market shall become members of the organization by paying the annual membership fee. Fees are non-refundable. Annual membership entitles you to a permanent market space for the season.
6. New members may be accepted after May, upon approval of the Board of Directors. Applications for membership must be submitted a minimum of one (1) week in advance of the first day he/she wishes to market.
7. A producer membership entitles the holder to one market space, equivalent to two (2) parking spaces.
8. Items permitted for sale:
A) Generally: Items allowed for sale shall include vegetables, herbs, fruits, cut flowers, live plants, baked goods, other food products, jellies, jams, preserves, honey, maple syrup products, mushrooms, meats, eggs, dairy products, cider and crafts that are value-added items originating from farm grown products. Value-added products (crafts or other) must be produced within Indiana County and the number of vendors selling value-added products cannot exceed 40% of total vendors.
B) Crafts: Crafts generated from farm raised products are acceptable. Examples would be wool and fiber products, leather products from farm animals, dried flowers, fresh holiday greenery, and beeswax candles/products. Exceptions will be made for other locally produced artwork and products upon approval of the Board of Directors.
C) Baked goods: Fresh baked goods must be a product of the vendor.
9. Regulatory Compliance: Vendors must comply with local, state, and federal regulations that apply to their businesses.
10. No animals are permitted on the market premises with the exception of service animals. PA Dept. Ag Act 106.
11. Each member is responsible to provide the equipment necessary to display and market his/her products. Vendors must secure their tables, shelter, and/or cover with adequate supports and weights and ensure safety at their stands. Each member shall keep his/her market space free from refuse during market hours. Empty containers and equipment shall be kept in an orderly manner and confined to his/her market space.
12. The designation of vendor spaces shall be at the discretion of the market manager.
13. No member shall have the right to sublease, sell, transfer or permit any other producer to use his/her market stand.
14. Each member shall remain on his/her own market space when selling his/her farm products. Sales shall be conducted in an orderly business manner. No shouting or other objectionable means of soliciting trade shall be tolerated.
15. Each member agrees to make his/her stand and products offered for sale as attractive as possible. All persons selling at the market must display the business name.
16. All persons selling at the market agree to abide by the above rules and regulations.
17. The Organization reserves the right to cancel the privileges of any member who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, has willfully violated the rules and regulations governing the market. Disputes or questions as to the provenance of items for sale by vendors, space assignment, general conduct, fee collection, enforcement of market rules will be resolved by a vote of the Board of Directors whose decision is final. The Board of Directors reserve the right to inspect merchandise or conduct a farm on-site inspection of merchandise presented for sale to resolve any conflict or suspicion of product origin. Suspension, disqualification, or termination of a vendor’s participation in the market shall not entitle said vendor to a refund of any market participation fee.
18. The above rules and regulations are to be enforced by the Board of Directors of the Organization, who is responsible for the management of the market. They may be altered by a majority of the members present at any regular or special meeting called by the Board and announced one (1) week in advance.
Amended; November 28, 2016